August 15, 2009

Top of Germay

This week we went to Garmisch and the surrounding areas. Our first stop was Zugspitze, which is the highest mountain in Germany. It is 9,718 ft.

We took the gondola up to the top, it got a little steep at times making a little scary! The view was incredible, until we went into the cloud and couldn’t see anything!

It was so foggy and cold up there, it was only 6° c (43° f), and pretty windy. When there isn’t a cloud hovering over the mountain it has pretty views, but we could barely see anything. The bottom pictures are of a cross you can climb to. Josh said he wanted to climb to it, but I told him absolutely not. I don’t want him climbing on the top of a mountain without any equipment!

The first picture is of Germany’s highest church! The other ones are of our train ride back down the mountain.

This is the mountain from the ground; this was taken the next day when it wasn’t as cloudy. We really enjoyed being down in this area, it is in the very southern part of Germany where the Alps start. The area we live has hills, but no mountains. I have missed mountains, but I still love my Utah mountains the best!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: