May 24, 2009

Church

We were able to go to church for the first time today! This is a picture of the church building, its on the 2nd floor. A lot of the members in the ward are military so there's a lot of people that speak English. Our bishop is even in the miltary so he speaks mainly English. There are 2 sets of missionaries, and today the mission present and his wife were attending our ward. Needless to say, there were a lot of missionaries there today! During sacrament meeting whoever was speaking a the time would speak their language, either German or English, and one of the missionaries would translate it to the other language. It was interesting. We don't really know how big our ward is cause everyone said that due to the holiday weekend there are a lot of people gone. Since there wasn't very many people the bishop decided to skip over Sunday School all together, so today we only had 2 meetings. There were a lot of nice people there today, and everyone was very welcoming. I was really nervous cause I thought it would be mostly Germans so we wouldn't be able to talk to anyone. We already really enjoy our new ward. The best part is the Salisbury, from our Alabama ward, are in our new ward.
The Relief Society president warned me that if I have another baby here, it will be twins. Apparently there have been 3 sets of twins born in our ward in the past year and half. So I guess we are not having any more while we are here!!!! I really don't want twins!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bree said...

Well just remember twins run in the family!! That's unique looking church though.

Mindy said...

I couldn't of been more excited when I heard that you guys were in our ward! YAY!